Cuadrilla Resources Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
We adhere to a commitment to conduct our business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism.
- Caring for our people – Cuadrilla respects, values and welcomes diversity in its workforce. Cuadrilla complies with applicable laws and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity. It is also important to us to provide our employees with appropriate training and development to ensure they are enabled to carry out their responsibilities to the highest of standards.
- Caring for our communities – We strive to be a good neighbour, recognising our responsibility to work in partnership with the communities in which we operate. We understand this means regularly communicating, (listening and responding) with those communities. We also provide support, financial or otherwise, for certain community projects and initiatives which are detailed in our Community Sponsorship & Donations Policy.
- Working with our partners – We are committed to ensuring that we conduct business with our suppliers and all stakeholders that are involved or affected by our business, according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards with fairness and integrity and in an honest, open and transparent manner. This is embodied in our Anti-Corruption and Bribery policy.
- Workforce safety – We are committed to providing a working environment which is both safe and fit for the intended purpose, and ensures that health and safety issues are a priority for all business operations. This is embodied in our Health, Safety & Environment Policy.
- Protecting our environment – We believe that preserving a clean, safe, healthy environment can go hand in hand with meeting our energy needs. We are committed to a programme of management and continuous improvement to minimise any direct or indirect environmental impacts that may be associated with our business operations. This is embodied in our Health, Safety & Environment Policy.
We aim to be a responsible neighbour in the communities in which we operate. This includes working with local communities and their representatives in providing financial support for certain community projects and/or initiatives.
In 2019 we are pleased to be sponsoring, for the seventh consecutive year, the Young Engineers Competition in Lancashire. Creating new skills and jobs is one of our top priorities as we aim to meet the challenge of supplying cost effective, secure and safe energy for the future. There is a prize fund of £12,000 up for grabs to improve STEM facilities within schools and foster the engineers of the future.
Over the last few years, Cuadrilla has sponsored AFC Fylde Community Foundation’s ‘Train Like A Pro’ football development programme, which has provided equal and inclusive access to sports and enrichment programmes to children from disadvantaged backgrounds throughout the Fylde Coast. We have expanded this partnership to include a number of new projects, from adult education programmes to community-based family sports schemes, in order to provide more people positive opportunities not currently available to them.
Find out more about these programmes by watching the videos here.
Community sponsorship and donations policy
In considering requests for and making payments to support community causes or projects, Cuadrilla assesses each proposal on a case by case basis, however we prioritise:
Events/initiatives supporting the development and education of young people particularly in the areas of science and engineering;Events/initiatives with strong links to the local community and/or supporting community cohesion close to existing or proposed shale sites or within active shale exploration licenses.
Cuadrilla maintains accurate and up to date records of all donations and payments made to community causes and/or projects and publishes these annually. The 2018 record can be found here.
Cuadrilla will not provide charitable support to:
- Individuals (scholarships, stipends, fellowships, personal assistance);
- Religious groups for religious purposes;
- Lobbying or political activities.
If you are interested in applying for a Cuadrilla Community donation please email details to email@example.com