The leading shale gas exploration Company

Cuadrilla Resources

The UK's leading onshore exploration company

Formed in the UK in 2007, Cuadrilla is a privately owned British exploration and production company focused on discovering and recovering natural resources, primarily natural gas, from shale rock. The company is headquartered in Bamber Bridge, Lancashire.

Cuadrilla aims to be a model company for exploring and developing shale gas in the UK. We are acutely aware of the responsibilities this brings, particularly with regard to safety, environmental protection and working with local communities. Shale gas exploration and development can be carried out safely, securely and in an environmentally responsible way, and we will do that, so that as a country we have less need to use coal to generate electricity and import less gas from overseas.

The company currently has onshore exploration licences in the North and South of the UK. You can find out more about our sites here.

Cuadrilla is owned 93% by AJ Lucas, an Australian specialist service provider to the energy, mining and infrastructure sector and the remaining 7% by Cuadrilla employees (including former employees). The company is registered in the UK. You can view our latest report and accounts here.

Phil Arnall is Chairman of Cuadrilla and the CEO is Francis Egan.

Putting Lancashire First

Supply chain

Cuadrilla has teamed up with both Lancashire Chambers of Commerce to create an online supply chain portal for local businesses who want to get involved with opportunities in the county’s shale gas industry.

The portal allows local companies to register their interest in becoming a supplier to Cuadrilla, keep up to date with the latest developments with the exploration programme, including future contracting opportunities, and find out how to meet the quality and safety standards required.

According to the Ernst and Young report “Getting ready for UK shale gas” launched in 2014, there is a £33bn supply chain up for grabs for the UK’s shale gas industry. You can visit the portal here.